Battliefield: Bad Company 2 – Bots Mod
This package is a modified server + patch for the client. The development of mod took a huge amount of time. Mod is a 4-map in Rush mode. Players play for attackers, because bots do not know how to plant and defuse, but if you really want to, you can play for the opposite team. The following maps are supported:
- MP_002 – Valparaiso
- MP_004 – Island of the Innocents
- MP_005gr – Atacama Desert
- MP_008 – Nelson Bay
Also many thanks to Napisal for his manual and Tnr Tnrka for helping to create the mod!
*** Installation ***
- The first step is to make a backup of the folders: mp_002, mp_004, mp_005gr, mp_008, located in: Battlefield Bad Company2/Package/levels.
- Unpack the archive. Copy the files from the “Client” folder to the game folder with replacement. The file “dinput8.dll” redirects the connection from the EA servers to your master server.
- Start the master server (responsible for creating accounts and login) in Server/MasterServerEmu/mase_bc2.exe
- Start the game server in Server/Start Server #1.bat.
- If you have a Steam version, you need to install a CDPatch (This is an EXE files from my CD version of the game. Make a backup of your files and replace them with new ones from the CDPatch folder)
- After these manipulations, create an account in the game (start the game, press “multiplayer”, press the button below – “Create”). Then find your server in the list of servers (it should be the only one there) and connect.
To change the map, use the file Server/instance/maplist.txt
P.S. I do not know how Steam will behave with this mod, consider it a cheat or something else, so I recommend to do all this offline.